VTScada 11.3 Minimum Requirements
These operating system and hardware specifications are provided as a guide. Actual HMI SCADA software system requirements will depend upon your specific SCADA application architecture. We are happy to assist you with this choice. Contact us for recommendations for systems including Panel PCs.
For Installed Runtime or Development Runtime Licenses
Servers or Workstation PCs
Laptops, Tablet PCs, and Panel PCs
- 64-bit versions of Windows OS for all systems.
- 3GHz dual or quad core processors (higher clock speeds help, more cores don’t).
- 16GB or more of RAM for systems over 100,000 tags.
- 100MB/1GB Ethernet is required for networking.
- Fast Solid State Drives (SSD) when using RAID drives.
- Keep VTScada Historian on a separate hard drive from VTScada and the OS.
- Voice modem required for text-to-speech alarm notifications by phone.
- Connection to an email server required for email alarm notifications.
- Cell modem or email account required for text alarm notifications.
- Sound card and speakers required for local alarm annunciation.
- RS-232 port needed for communications with serial I/O devices.
- Avoid using more than one Virtual Server per computer.
- Do not clone a virtual server with VTScada installed.
- Windows-compatible printer to print VTScada pages or reports.
Compatible Operating Systems
VTScada runs on Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise but not on IoT Core.
Note: VTScada versions 11.1, 11.2, and 11.3 support the Windows 10® operating system.
For VTScada Thin Clients
All VTScada Thin Clients require:
- A network connection to at least one installed VTScada License to act as the server.
- One or more concurrent VTScada Thin Client licenses.
|From Windows PCs and Laptops
Launch the VTScada Internet Client (VIC) from computers running Windows Server 2003 or newer (no VTScada installation required).
|From other Operating Systems
To launch the VTScada Anywhere Clients, we recommend the latest version of the following HTML5-compliant web browsers:
Other HTML5-compliant browsers:
Please see our Recommended Modems page for more info.
- NetDDE is not available on Windows Vista and higher. (It was removed in XP Service Pack II)
- VTScada 10 and higher uses IANA registered TCP/IP port 5780 (not 1160). Configure firewalls to route RPC traffic accordingly.
- When reusing internal modems or sound cards ensure that new computers have the correct motherboard slots.
- Ensure 3rd-party software used with VTScada (e.g. accounting, reporting) is compatible with new OS.
- When using virtual servers; never clone a computer after installing VTScada to make another virtual image (this leads to repository issues since both computers will have the same machine GUID in the registry)
- Server 2008 computers often require speakers or audio cards for some Alarm Notification functionality. Manual modem configuration may be required.
- Windows has discontinued support for XP® and Server 2003®. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14223/windows-xp-end-of-support