COVID-19 and VTScada Training
For the safety of our customers and staff, we have canceled all in-person training courses until further notice. Given the situation unfolding across the world, we do not expect in-person training to resume for several months. To ensure access to the training that you need, we are pleased to offer Remote Interactive Training Courses. These are the same as in-person courses, except the instructor is on your screen instead of in the room. See a list of available courses below.
A Remote Interactive Training Course includes:
- A live instructor, not a recording.
- Interaction with the instructor, just like they were in the room; ask questions whenever you want.
- The opportunity for one-on-one instruction in the form of breakout rooms during the course.
- If you get stuck, you can share your screen with the instructor without worrying about who else is watching. The instructor can even take control for a few minutes to help guide you back on track.
- At the end of the course, you’ll have access to a recording of the entire session. Review any bits that you missed or need a refresher on. (Breakout rooms and one-on-one sessions are not recorded.)
- The pace, timing, material, and exercises are all the same as if you were present in a classroom.
To make the most of your Remote Interactive Training Course experience, we recommend the following:
- A computer, on which you can install and run VTScada.
- A reasonably fast internet connection.
- A workspace where you can focus on the course.
- A working webcam. (Usually built into your laptop or tablet.) This will make you part of the class, not just a disembodied connection in a list.
- Headphones or a headset. These are not needed if you’re in a quiet space, or away from co-workers who don’t want to listen to the course broadcast from your computer speakers.
- A working microphone, either as part of your computer, headset, or webcam.
- Optional: A second screen, whether that’s a second monitor, a second laptop or a tablet. This allows you to have the course workbook file and the Remote Interactive Training session open on one screen while doing your exercises on another.
- If co-workers are attending the class with you, consider using a projector and sharing one set of speakers and a microphone, rather than having everyone run a separate copy of the virtual classroom. This will avoid audio feedback and reduce the load on your network connection. A webcam pointing back at the group is recommended.
- Ensure that any Bluetooth devices you are using are fully charged.
Upcoming courses are listed below and will be updated on demand.
|Apr 20 – Apr 23, 2020||Operation & Configuration||Remote Interactive Training||Open||Register|
|May 11 – May 14, 2020||Operation & Configuration||Orlando, FL||Open||Register|
|May 25 – May 28, 2020||Advanced Configuration||Bedford, NS||Open||Register|
|Jun 22 – Jun 25, 2020||Operation & Configuration||Dallas, TX||Open||Register|
|Jul 20 – Jul 23, 2020||Advanced Configuration||Orlando, FL||Open||Register|
|Aug 3 – Aug 6, 2020||Operation & Configuration||Orlando, FL||Open||Register|
|Sep 14 – Sep 17, 2020||Advanced Configuration||Houston, TX||Open||Register|
|Oct 19 – Oct 22, 2020||Advanced Configuration||Bedford, NS||Open||Register|
|Oct 26 – Oct 29, 2020||Advanced Configuration||Orlando, FL||Open||Register|
|Dec 7 – Dec 10, 2020||Operation & Configuration||Orlando, FL||Open||Register|
Onsite training and customized courses are available upon request.
LEVEL I – Operation & Configuration Course
Operators and developers will learn about the many features of the VTScada monitoring and control software by creating a working, full-featured application from start to finish. This course will explain how to use the native display screens, connect to hardware, build new displays, work with alarms, configure security and much more.
LEVEL 2 – Advanced Configuration
Experienced VTScada developers will learn advanced configuration techniques that allow them to go beyond the standard tools for building their applications. Knowledge of the topics covered in the Operation and Configuration course is recommended for anyone considering this advanced course.
- A laptop is required. Please let us know if you need us to provide you with one – numbers are limited. Please ensure to read the Operating System & PC requirements. Windows 10® and up is required.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the attendees.
- Spaces are limited, so please respond as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact:
- Patrick M. Cooke: Email or phone: 800.463.2783 Ext. 228
Continuing Education Credits
Our SCADA Operation & Configuration Course is approved for Continuing Ed Credits in the states of Florida, South Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, as well as the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Prince Edward Island.
Get started using VTScada by checking out our Video Tutorials.