Over 37 Years of SCADA Software Excellence
Trihedral was founded on the spirit of innovation. What began as an idea for one of the world’s first reactive programming languages developed into VTScada, an award-winning all-in-one HMI and SCADA software platform for industrial applications of any size. Our permanent team of programmers and engineers keep VTScada on the cutting-edge with regular updates and industry leading features like integrated version control, real-time configuration, and bi-directional synchronization. Our unique approach to software and service has resulted in growth in sales, installations, and new customers every year for the last 36 years.
Industries of Focus
Water/Wastewater – Power Generation – Manufacturing – Agriculture – Oil & Gas – Airport Systems – Food & Beverage – Tank Farm Monitoring – Broadcasting – Marine – Flood Control – Power Transmission – Power Distribution
A History of Uninterrupted Growth
Headquartered in Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada, Trihedral Engineering Limited has grown to nine offices in three countries spanning six time zones and serving customers in over 100 countries. In addition to primary VTScada software development the Bedford office is home to the engineering department that serves customers across North America. In 2015, Trihedral opened an engineering office in Calgary, Alberta, to provide services and support to our oil & gas and water & wastewater customers in western and northern Canada.
Trihedral has two wholly owned subsidiaries. Trihedral UK was incorporated in 1998 in Aberdeen, Scotland. In addition to VTScada software development, this office provides engineering and integration services to our European customers. Trihedral, Inc. was incorporated in Orlando, Florida in 2007. This office provides engineering and technical sales support for the south east United States. Since then, Trihedral Inc. has added regional sales offices in Houston, Texas, Birmingham, Alabama, Chicago, Illinois, Dayton, Ohio, and Boston Massachusetts.
Trihedral – A Delta Group Company
Trihedral remained a profitable and debt-free privately held company for decades. In 2020 it was acquired by Delta Electronics, a global leader in power and thermal management solutions. We are proud to be part of this global family.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2023 – Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practice Award – Global SCADA Solutions Customer Value Leadership Award
- 2023 – Bronze Winner for Control Engineering Product of the Year – SCADA / HMI Software
- 2023 – Finalist for Plant Engineering Product of the Year – SCADA / HMI Software
- 2023 – Finalist for Consulting and Specifying Engineer Product of the Year – SCADA / HMI Software
- 2022 – Frost & Sullivan’s Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award for SCADA and HMI Systems – Winner
- 2021 – Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice Award – HMI Software Category – Winner
- 2020 – Plant Engineering 2020 Product of the Year “Automation & Controls” Category – Silver Award
- 2020 – Oil & Gas Engineering Product of the Year – IIoT & Process Control Category – Silver Award
- 2018 – Water’s Next Awards – Project/Technology Drinking Water category from Water Canada – Winner
- 2018 – Named among Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, by Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- 2018 – Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice Award, HMI Category – Honorable Mention
- 2017 – Plant Engineering, Product of the Year – Automation and Controls Category – Silver Award
- 2017 – Ernst & Young, Entrepreneurs of the Year, IT Category, Atlantic Canadian Region: Glenn Wadden and Barry Baker
- 2017 – Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice Award, HMI Category – Honorable Mention
- 2017 – Best ISA Whitepaper: Industrial and Automation Communication Protocols in the Age of IIoT – 2nd Prize
- 2016 – Best ISA White Paper: Alarm Management and Reliable Architecture for Utility-wide SCADA Systems – Best Presentation
- 2015 – Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice Award, HMI Category – Winner
- 2015 – Best ISA Whitepaper: All Aboard the SCADA Mothership – Best Presentation,
- 2014 – Best ISA Whitepaper: Managing Complexity Minimizing Risk – Honorable Mention
- 2013 – Best ISA Whitepaper: Reinventing the SCADA Historian – Best Presentation
- 2012 – Best ISA Whitepaper: Asset Tracking Version Control – Honorable Mention
- 2012 to 2013 – Atlantic Canada’s Top Employer
- 2007 to 2013 – Nova Scotia’s Top Employer
- 2007 – Ten Best Employers in the Maritimes
We think that VTScada users are our best sales people. Read testimonials by system integrators and end users about our software and support.
A Commitment to Outstanding Support
We believe that personal and accessible technical support is an integral component of great HMI and SCADA software. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems are complex and unique to each customer. Therefore, ensuring system uptime often requires timely answers from SCADA professionals with strong knowledge of the automation industry in general and specific knowledge of each customer’s system and needs. Our SCADA support offices are side-by-side with those of our development team. This makes it easy to get to the bottom of even the most difficult technical support questions. It also provides developers with direct feedback from customers to help keep VTScada growing with the needs of industry.
With a yearly support contracts in place, access to our friendly support team is just a phone call or email away.
VTScada Offices Worldwide
This corporate philosophy has seen our business grow from one entrepreneur’s vision to a flourishing global company with offices in Bedford, Nova Scotia; Aberdeen, Scotland; Orlando, Florida; Calgary, Alberta; Birmingham, Alabama; Houston, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Boston, Massachusetts and Charlotte, North Carolina, for a total of ten offices in three countries spanning six time zones, and serving customers in over 100 countries. Contact a location near you.