A secure, reliable SCADA Thin Client interface for any device
that you can configure in seconds.
VTScada has always been a leader in remote connectivity. Our SCADA Thin Client allows authorized users to safely monitor and control their process from anywhere. These optional components are licensed by the number of concurrent users. In seconds, configure any VTScada full installation to be a Thin Client server. Add more servers to provide seamless client failover. VTScada provides outstanding performance by updating screens only when process values change. Configuration changes or version upgrades automatically synchronize with each client connection. No third-party webserver or remote desktop software required.
A Complete Operator Interface
VTScada Thin Clients provide an operator interface identical to a fully installed VTScada software license.
- Monitor and control application pages.
- Manage Alarms.
- Run Reports.
- Create ad-hoc trends and trend groups.
- Navigate VTScada Slippy Maps.
An Application Development Environment
If the Thin Client Server is a Development/Runtime, then authorized users can use Thin Clients for application configuration (VIC only.)
- Open the VTScada Tag browser to add and edit I/O tags.
- Use the VTScada Idea Studio to create and configure HMI screens.
- Manage Application Server Lists.
- Configure application settings.
Perfect for Applications in the Cloud or Running as a Service
Use Thin Clients to Start, stop, and manage applications using the VTScada Application Manager (VAM).
Secure Remote Access
- Industry-Standard Encryption – Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support protects security data exchanged between clients and servers. The VIC also supports industry-standard Internet security features including firewalls, VPN connections, and Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Security – Manage remote access via application user account privileges. Runtime security changes are immediate and system-wide.
- OpenID Connect – VTScada supports this standard for user-authentication. If enabled in VTScada, operators will be able to launch VTScada Anywhere Client sessions using their OpenID Connect credentials. This allows users to logon once at a site and then access other business applications throughout their day without needing to logon each time. It can also provide enhanced security using two-factor or multi-factor authentication.
- Monitor All Client Use – The VTScada Internet Client Monitor tool allows you to monitor active Thin Clients. It permits logging of Client activity, messaging to one (or all) user(s) and forcible disconnection for maintenance and security reasons.
Easy Licensing and Configuration
- Configure In Seconds – Due to its integration with VTScada, optional Thin Client access can be unlocked with an updated software key and configured in seconds. VTScada automatically translates all displays, exactly as they appear on a full-installation client. No need to purchase and support third-party server products like Apache® or Microsoft IIS®.
- Simple Licensing – VTScada Thin Clients are licensed by the number of concurrent users according to the tag count of the application. Thin Clients can be added to any existing VTScada licenses by updating the key. Choose single clients, value packs, or unlimited licenses.
- Uninterrupted Access – Like all VTScada services, automatic Thin Client failover is an important part of system reliability. If the primary Thin Client Server becomes unavailable, VICs and Anywhere Clients will seamlessly switch to the next designated backup. Note: MIC sessions need to be manually redirected.
- Efficient Server Load Sharing – In applications with multiple Internet servers, new Thin Client connections can be configured to automatically go to the server with the fewest connections.
Choose a display format that suits your device and data plan:
VTScada Anywhere Client
For Smartphones, Tablets, Windows PCs, and Macs
The ‘Anywhere Client’ provides a consistent and secure full workstation experience on modern computers, phones, and tablets.
- Monitor and control your applications in any HTML5 browser.
- ‘Push’ technology provides real-time data without overloading your data plan.
- Zero-footprint means nothing to download and install.
- No Java required.
Note: You can run reports and view trends but not export their data to a file. Logged off sessions are not supported. Microsoft Internet Explorer 11® does not support sound, but the new Edge® browser does.
VTScada Internet Client (VIC)
For Windows PCs, Laptops, and Panel PCs
An operational interface identical to a full-installation VTScada license. This includes monitoring and control, security configuration, reports, trends, and alarm acknowledgment. Initiate connections from a desktop icon or a web link. Uses include:
- Secure Remote Portal – Access your system from any online Windows computer.
- Flexible Workstation – A hassle-free alternative to full-installations.
Mobile Internet Client (MIC)
For Smartphones, Tablets, Windows PCs, and Macs
Use any HTML5-compliant browser to navigate sites and manage your process with a touch or pinch. Refresh data manually or set a refresh rate that suits your cellular data plan. Easily switch between these display formats:
- Text-based Interface – This tactile easy-to-read text-and-trend interface makes the best use of even the smallest screens and data plans.
- Full Graphics – See full-resolution views of displays on demand. Pinch to zoom into areas of interest. Tap to set values, view tool tips, or plot trends.