Announcing VTScada 12.1.12 General Release
In addition to major software version updates, our team regularly releases service updates with enhancements, bug fixes, and new features.
Download the latest released version of VTScada*
*A software key is required. If you need a key, please contact us.
Version 12.1 – Mission Critical Features for Systems of Any Size
While VTScada was designed to run the largest systems in the world, it makes mission critical strategies practical for even the smallest applications. Version 12.1 continues to provide powerful new tools to help you seamlessly grow your systems while prioritizing process uptime.
VTScada 12 Features by Version
New Features in Version 12.1.11:
- Roster tags now support expressions to be set for the Method and Enabled attributes of each contact.
New Features in Version 12.1.10:
- Several more drivers now show address information in the Address column of the Tag Browser.
- The Rockwell Driver can now access PLC-5 and SLC controllers that don’t support PCCC/CIP through a 1756-DHRIO Interface Module in a ControlLogix chassis.
New Features in Version 12.1.09:
- The individual field values of alarm notification messages can now be customized by a hook module which can reside in a custom tag type or in the root of the application.
New Features in Version 12.1.08:
- VTScada now supports the Traditional Chinese language.
- VTScada now reads OPC UA server profiles and modifies its behavior to support the OPC UA Micro Embedded profile.
- The Application Manager now shows Application Starting progress and Restart Required status in place of the Application Running Indicator.
New Features in Version 12.1.07:
- The Roster tag now has a public interface for accessing its contact information for display in custom widgets.
- Printing from the Sites Page has been enhanced to default to a PrintPage module in an embedded site details page if specified rather than just a screenshot.
- The PLC Alarm tag now reflects the alarm state of the PLC more accurately.
- A port number can now be specified in the configuration folder for a SMS appliance tag. This is useful when the COM port information for a cell modem is unavailable or incorrect from the installed device drivers.
- Access to the tag value tables and the main History table is now restricted to the users with the Remote Tag Value/History Retrieve privilege.
New Features in Version 12.1.06:
- The BACnet driver now support message segmentation as well as Tag Import for most common objects with a Present Value property.
New Features in Version 12.1.05:
- It is now possible to download CSV formatted files of alarm data from the alarm page when viewing with an Anywhere Client.
New Features in Version 12.1.04:
- The link displayed in the VIC update dialog now downloads the new VIC installer directly.
- The time at which an active alarm was acknowledged, and the time at which an unacked alarm cleared, is now displayed in the alarm details dialog, and can optionally be shown as separate columns in the alarm list.
New Features in Version 12.1.03:
- When creating a tag widget, there are now options to exclude the Trend, Navigation and Tooltip options and/or exclude the Tag Icon Marker.
- A History Statistics Value widget has been created that draws a single calculated historical tag value that is computed over a user-entered time range.
- New Pie Chart and Bar Graph widgets have been added for showing multiple tag values.
- VTScada now supports the Simplified Chinese language.
- An optional Page Shuffle feature has been implemented in VTScada where an app may periodically change pages based upon Settings.Dynamic settings.
- An “upon change” alarm option has been added to Discrete IO tags.
- Certain alarm priorities can now be prevented from being acked by the Ack All button via a new option in the Alarm Priority tag. The Ack button for each individual alarm can now be disabled programmatically via a custom AlarmCellAckHook module.
New Features in Version 12.1.02:
- Deprecated drivers/modes now have a warning not to use them in favor of the new Rockwell driver type. This includes the CIP Symbolic driver and several PLC types within the Allen Bradley Driver.
- A new report, Overall Total report, was added to give a single, overall total for the given time range.
- Two new options have been added to the History Statistics tag that represent the change in a value over time.
- The context menu is now available to all non-tag alarms and objects in an alarm list.
Major Enhancements in Version 12.1:
- IEC-62443-4-1 Certification
- Unparalleled Performance
- Multiple PLC Ports
- PLC Driver Deadbands
- Script Bubbles
- Faster Installer
- Alarm Annunciation over VoIP, no Modem or Internet
- Improved Twilio Performance
- Alarm Notification/Roster Enhancements
- Clearer and Easier Configuration
- Drag-and-drop Reordering
- Custom Callout Delays
- Notification Bursts
- Repeat Groups of Contacts
- Increased Roster Capacity
- New Security Privilege
- Batch & Recipe Management
- Multi-Monitor Internet Clients
- Configure monitors on a per-realm basis.
- VIC Only – While the Anywhere Thin Client works on any device with a browser, it does not currently support multi-monitors.
- On-Screen Keyboard
- Easily switch between different keyboard layouts.
- Configure default keyboards on a per-device basis.
- New and Updated Drivers
- Rockwell Driver
- Delta Driver
- Honeywell Mercury Driver
- Updated Modbus Compatible Device Driver
- Mitsubishi Driver
- Updated SNMP Agents
- Tag Browser Enhancements
- Tag Browser Enhancements
- Operate PLC Control Tags Without Widgets
- Filter on Tag Attributes
- Tag Import from OPC Servers
- Faster Third-Party Data Sharing
- SQL View Tag
- POST requests to the REST interface
- Embedded Video Widget
- Embedded Browsers
- Updated License Management
- Integrated Function Library / Expression Editor
- Enables the “usability” and “selection” of over 700 functions available in the Function Library.
- Also included are pre-built complex expressions (e.g., strapping tables, American Petroleum Institute, volume correction calculations).
- This includes the ability to create your own functions and have them added to the list.
- MultiSpeak Support
- Expanded MultiSmart Stations
- Enhanced MultiWrite Tag